What method of payments do you accept?
Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express
Do you ship outside of the United States?
At this time, Norton Sound Seafood Products ships only in the United States.
How do I track my order?
See our shipping policy. Customers can expect their order to be shipped within 1-2 business days. All orders are shipped FedEx Overnight. Customers will be provided with FedEx tracking number. To track your order, go to www.fedex.com.
Can I place an order over the phone?
Yes. To place an order over the phone, call (855) 443-2304 and have your address and credit card information ready.
Can I purchase seafood at your facility?
Yes. The Norton Sound Seafood Center is located in Nome, Alaska. Retail hours of operation are Tuesday – Saturday from 1pm to 6pm. We are located at 201 Belmont Point, next to the Nome harbor.
Where are you located?
Norton Sound Seafood Products is located at 201 Belmont Point, Nome, Alaska.
What are your hours of operation?
Monday through Saturday from 9:30 am - 6 pm, Alaska Standard Time
How do I contact you?
You can reach our office at (855) 443-2304 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
What is the best way to thaw frozen seafood?
- Crab is best thawed in a refrigerator over the course of a day.
- Salmon, halibut and cod can also be thawed in a refrigerator; however, to speed up the thawing process it can also be thawed under cold running water.
- All thawing should be done within the original packaging or if placed in a Ziploc bag.
- We do not recommend thawing out seafood in a microwave. The defrost function on a microwave can still cook the seafood and ruin its quality.
Can I re-freeze my fish after it is thawed?
It is highly recommended to not re-freeze fish after it is thawed out. Household freezers usually do not have the freezing power to freeze fish fast enough. Refreezing the fish will cause crystallization of the meat and lower the quality of the product. It is best to prepare any thawed fish for immediate consumption and consume any leftovers, if any, within 2 days.
How long will my fresh seafood last?
It is recommended to consume fresh seafood within 2 days after receiving it.
When is your seafood caught?
- Norton Sound Red King Crab – July to late August
- Norton Sound Salmon – July to mid-September
- Norton Sound Halibut – August to mid-October